The early 19th century stables for the Georgian Hall at Tixall, built by Thomas Clifford. They are built of local sandstone with mullioned windows and a slate roof.
In 1833 they were described as lately built of stone at great expense, forming a crescent behind, and at a short and convenient distance from the house.
The centre is two storeyed, embattled and with a Gothic portico. It originally served as the coach house for 10 carriages and has vaulted cellars. On either side are the ranges of originally single storied, stables which had stalls for 40 horses, with a two storied embattled tower at either end for grooms, coachmen and other servants. The buildings were converted to residential use in the 1970s.