Fairs have been held on Milford Common since the 1880s. By 1906 fairs were held on every Bank Holiday both in the spring and summer.
Milford was a very popular weekend destination for visitors in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Excursion trains ran between Stafford and Milford stations.
The three gables belong to the Barley Mow public house.